TEPEX® material versatility
You can choose from more than 500 different TEPEX® combinations. In case a suitable material for your special application does not exist yet – we can develop it for you! We have a wide range of possibilities:
- Large number of engineering plastics, like PP, PA6, PA6.6, PA12, TPU, PPS etc.
- Variety of reinforcement fibres, like glass, carbon and aramid
- Fibre volume content from 25% up to 85%
- Uni-directional, bi- directional and quasi-isotropic lay-ups of reinforcement fibres
- Several fabric styles, like plain, twill or satin, as well as hybrid fabrics, various colours
- TEPEX® sheet width standard 620 mm and 860 mm, on request 1270 mm, length unlimited
- TEPEX® material thickness between 0,05 mm and 6,5 mm
- Product thickness between 0,05 mm and > 12,0 mm
A comprehensive material overview can be found in the right menu. Material properties can be found in the TEPEX® data sheets and under "Links + Downloads".
Maximum strength at minimum weight
The TEPEX® dynalite range consists of multiple layers of continuous fibre reinforcements in a matrix of engineering thermoplastics. The continuous fibres throughout the thickness provide the maximum available strength and stiffness. These materials are used for industrial and automotive applications and in sporting goods for bicycle components, snowboard bindings, footwear, helmets and body protection.
Cost effective flow moulding
TEPEX® flowcore is a product, which consists of long glass fibers (30-50 mm), similar to traditional GMT materials, with the advantage that they are based on engineering resins. During processing, these materials are often combined with TEPEX® dynalite RG600/PA6 to enable the molding of stiffeners and ribs along a continuous fiber reinforced structure. It is very cost effective, as it eliminates the cutting procedure after molding a part, which also reduces the cutting waste to virtually zero. TEPEX® flowcore materials can be molded using standard compression molding tools and are intended for automotive and industrial structures where standard GMT and injection molded thermoplastics cannot meet new higher temperature and structural performance requirements.
Superior protection against ballistics
TEPEX® anti-ballistic materials made from aramid fabrics are specially designed for optimum anti-ballistic performance. They feature special fabrics and a very high fibre content. These systems outperform parts made by hand lay-up from phenolic prepregs in terms of anti-ballistic (or impact) protection, cost and weight. Parts are produced fully automated with a very stable quality. Used in protective products, like military helmets and car armouring.